Smoke Alarms, EICRs and PATs
- One functioning smoke alarm in the* room which is frequently used by the occupants for general daytime living purposes.
- One functioning smoke alarm in every circulation space, such as hallways and landings.
- One heat alarm in every kitchen.
- All alarms should be interlinked.
- The number and position of alarms will depend on the size and layout of the house, but there should be at least one alarm on each floor.
Smoke Detection Systems
From the 1st December 2015, The Scottish Government has produced revised statutory guidance on the requirements for smoke alarms. Below we have detailed the main points relating to smoke detectors from the revised Domestic Technical Handbook.
Why Edinburgh City Electrical Contractors?
ECEC provide and install smoke detection systems for any home or business premises. We will assess what type of smoke detection system is best suited to your property, then return to install and certify the installed system. We also offer an ongoing maintenance service so you can be rest assured that if the worst were to happen you’ll get the warning you require, making sure you’re safe.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
If you’re a landlord looking to make sure the electrical equipment you have supplied to your tenants is safe look no further than Edinburgh City Electrical Contractors.
For safety and peace of mind we recommend that an inspection is carried out regularly. We will provide you with a clear and detailed report with any identified faults, deterioration or any non-compliance with the required regulations. We will also be happy to provide you with a free no obligation estimate if any works are required.
Call Edinburgh City Electrical Contractors for PAT testing and smoke alarm installations.
0131 202 9173 / 07763566013
Portable appliance testing (PAT)
You must ensure that all electrical appliances are safe to use. We can provide you with portable appliance testing service.
Our commitment to our clients means we provide a bespoke service and we welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements.
We can provide the following certification:
- Landlord & HMO safety report
- Portable appliance testing
- Smoke alarm testing
- Co2 detector testing
- Emergency lighting inspection
Edinburgh City Electrical Contractors
2 Burdiehouse Medway,
Edinburgh, EH17 8AP
0131 202 9173